On Friday 10 December 2010 07:48:43 Uri Guttman wrote:
> perl isn't strict about many things but the perl community does have
> many conventions. one of which is using the sub new for object
> constructors. you will not get far in the perl world if you buck the
> tide of things like that. any other good ideas you may have will be
> tainted by this one. use new() and drop the create() stuff. also there
> is a perl builtin called creat() (a wrapper to the unix syscall). so
> your name has even more confusion potential.

I wasn't aware that creat() existed:

{{{
shlomif:~$ perldoc -f creat
No documentation for perl function `creat' found
}}}

And I cannot find "creat " anywhere in perldoc perlfunc. There is a
POSIX::creat() though. One should note that normally sysopen is preferable
over POSIX::creat().

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish