On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:09 AM, George Worroll wrote:

> I would, however, recommend that you use the "#!/usr/bin/perl" line even on
> Windows.  It will make things a little easier if you have to move the script
> over to a Unix like system.  It won't cause any problems in windows, it will
> just get skipped right over.

Although I don't know if this works on Windows, I notice that nobody has
mentioned...

#!/usr/bin/env perl

... which invokes the perl that comes first in one's $PATH, making the script
more portable, and also easing the management of having multiple Perls
installed.

It's discussed here: <http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=716740>

Chap