1/18/2011, "Uri Guttman" <u...@stemsystems.com> вы писали:

>  AM> /(www.){0,1}(google\.).*\/(imgres)|(images)|(products)\?{0,1}/
>  >>
>  >> {0,1} is just ? by itself.
>
>  AM> Yes, I know. But I like the {a,b} syntax more :) It's more uniform than
>  AM> ?,+,* etc.
>
>it is noisier and more people know the shortcuts. code so other people
>can read your code as it is for them, not yourself.

It's interesting, do most people here think so?

>  >> you don't need to grab things that are not used later on. also why grab
>  >> each trailing word separately which means it will be hard to tell what
>  >> word was there.
>
>  AM> Where did I grab things that are not used later? What do you mean by
>  AM> trailing word?
>
>look in perldoc perlre and look at the difference between (foo) and
>(:?foo).

"This may substantially slow your program. Perl uses the same mechanism
to produce $1, $2, etc, so you also pay a price for each pattern that
contains capturing parentheses. (To avoid this cost while retaining the
grouping behaviour, use the extended regular expression (?: ... )
instead.)"

Thanks. I'll know it.

>  >> using alternate delimiters means you don't need to escape / which makes
>  >> it easier to read.
>
>  AM> Sure.
>
>see, you agree about easier to read. do the same with your use of {a,b}.

I can consider the opinion of most people but I won't change my own
opinion because of that. For me, {a,b} is easier. Clearer and easier.

--

Regards,
Alex.