Looking for a renaming tool with certain capabilities, but when
googling or searching cpan its quite hard to tell if the tool can or
not satisfy them.  So, I hope someone can tell me right off the top of
their head if there is a renaming tool on cpan or anywhere else for
that matter that can handle ny specifications:

(This tool will be used against images with fixed extensions)

1) Handle windows style names with spaces, but not itself create such
   names.

2) Generate random names for each file with the least number of
   characters possible to generate a given number of names.
   Names can be alph-numeric and should be no longer than necessary to
   generate the needed number of names (Which will be known in advance)

I've seen quite a few different renaming tools, not necessarily perl
tools, but they seem to all stick to something of a certain set of
options for Image naming.  These revolve around various numbering
schemes, mostly some kind of sequential with varying number of digits,
insert specific text, and keep extension either upper or lower case.

I have need of generating names that are random, no sequence, but of
course the extension would remain the same.

So in summary, a renaming tool that can handle windows file naming
conventions and generate random names (except the extension)

Can anyone suggest a tool they know to be capable of the above?