>>No, it doesn't. What is a "rlptxat" element? Where do they come from.

"rlptxat" is just an element indexed at 44 that has a value, in which I would
like to sum up, when it has the same elements "cell" "sect" and "carr" in the
record.

I hope this helps

Thank you,

Chris

At 8:03 PM -0600 3/20/11, Chris Stinemetz wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Thanks for your feedback. I am actually trying to sum up all rlptxat
>elements that have the same cell, sect, and chan elements in the
>array. I hope this clarifies.

No, it doesn't. What is a "rlptxat" element? Where do they come from.

You can define a multiple-level hash with three nested keys (cell,
sect, chan) to hold the sum of all elements with the same key values
(a triple):

   my %sum;

Find values of cell, sect, and chan:

$cell = ?
$sect = ?
$chan = ?

Add the value with these keys to the sum:

   $sum{$cell}{$sect}{$chan} += ?

Iterate over the result:

   for my $cell ( sort keys %sum ) {
     for my $sect ( sort keys %{$sum{$cell}} ) {
       for my $chan ( sort keys %{$sum{$cell}{$sect}} ) {
           print "Value of sum($cell,$sect,$chan) is
$sum{$cell}{$sect}{$chan}\n";

Good luck!

--
Jim Gibson