On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 10:24:37AM +0200, marcos rebelo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have already lost one day around coding and documentation with this
> problem, so I'm asking for help with DBD::Oracle.
>
> I'm working around the unicode and BLOB problem. Can someone help me
> setting the fooling code running and correctly undling the Unicode
> part
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use v5.10;
>
> use utf8;
>
> use DBD::Oracle qw(ORA_BLOB ORA_CLOB SQLT_CHR SQLT_BIN);
> use DBI;
> use Data::Dumper;
>
> local $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} = ( $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} ||
> '/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/' );
> local $ENV{'NLS_LANG'} = "AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8";

I don't have Oracle around to test, but I beleieve the problem (or, at
least, a problem) is that these environment variables are being set too
late.  Put them in a BEGIN block, move them up to before you use
DBD::Oracle, and lose the local keyword.

Alternatively, get rid of those lines completely, and set up environment
appropriately before invoking perl.

Good luck,

--
Paul Johnson - p...@pjcj.net