You could limit the password complexity to a level to where you could
use a brute force attack to crack it in a few (seconds|minutes|hours).
 Of course that means that someone else would be able to as well, but if
they can get to the encrypted passwords then your in trouble already.

The password complexity could be lowered by:

* only encrypting the first ? characters of the actual password, storing
the rest in plain text.
* converting it to all lower case.
* restricting use of non alpahbet characters

- Johnathan