  ET> Hello All:
  ET>                 My rsync options are not being recognized in the system
  ET> function.  I tried escaping the asterisks and single quotes to no avail.
  ET> Also, I do not want to install any rsync modules.  Your help will be much
  ET> appreciated.   Thanks.

  ET> my $RSYNC_OPTS=' -auvr --include='*/' --exclude='*' ';

that isn't valid perl. is that the actual line you used? you can't put
single quotes inside a string delimited with single quotes. the best way
is to use the q operator and choose a different delimiter. also use
white space around the =.

        my $RSYNC_OPTS = q{ -auvr --include='*/' --exclude='*' } ;

  ET> system("$RSYNC", "$RSYNC_OPTS",
"$host:/Blah/blah/Blue/$host_env/$cluster","/tmp/$host");

there is not need to quote scalar vars like that. in fact it could lead
to a bug in some situations.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --