I have the following map:

                map{[$_,(/^\d/ ? 1 : 0) . /^([^;]+)/,
/[^;]+;[^;]*;[^;]+;[^;]+;([^;]+);/]}

        I had a failure during the night because some data field(s) had
a semi-colon in the data. So what I have is a pre-defined data separator
that would not normally appear in data. What I have selected and have
been using is ;';  . I was going to do this, until I got down to this
map and I am unsure how to change ([^;]+) or [^;]+ to have ;'; as the
separator of my fields. What I am doing is reports and scrapping the
data, collecting and then reformatting to send out as emails.

        Any thoughts on what could be done??

      Thanks for any insights you might on this...

Wags ;)
David R. Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst
FedEx Services