From: Agnello George

> i have a few web portals  as my job profile to take care of  and i
> have a request from my testing team for a s/w where i can 1) check
> all links within the website  and the time taken for each link to load
> , 2) and if 500 to 1000 concurrent connections are spawned the average
> time for each link to load .
>
> Is there     a opensource or paid  s/w currently available to do this
.

> I had tried ab testing , but it doesnt actually load the page it jsut
> gives a 200 ok .
>
> Or is there some thing i can write in perl ( if perl could you suggest
> a possible module(s) )

There are some tools that work with Selenium <http://seleniumhq.org/>
that will measure the load time. I have not used that feature
specifically, but have used Selenium along with Test::Harness to do
functional tests on web sites. There is also an older Perl driver for
Selenium 1.0 in CPAN. But I replaced that with the newer module from
their own package. Unfortunately, it appears there are no Perl
programmers still working on the Selenium project. There is a separate
group working on a Selenium 2.0 driver.

Some reference material:
<http://www.santaclarahightech.org/teacher/selenium-rc/>
<http://quicksilver1183.com/2010/09/07/setting-up-selenium-with-perl/>
<http://testingwithperl.blogspot.com/2008/03/using-selenium-for-testing.
html#driver>
<http://wiki.openqa.org/display/SRC/Selenium+RC+and+Perl>
<https://github.com/aivaturi/Selenium-Remote-Driver>

Bob McConnell

Disclaimer: The OpenQA wiki page is a subset of one I wrote for my
employer's internal wiki.