Hi all,

In Oracle, there is a file named tnsnames.ora that contains connection
strings to Oracle Databases.

At the moment the file is 10000+ lines long. We are currently having a
problem where the file is malformed, i.e. missing matching brackets. Can any
of the experts please advise how best to check for malformed stuff.

I believe Perl is very good at doing this kind of stuff. I've managed to
find some command line options from Google and trying that out.

For the meantime, hopefully someone from this group have had this same
problem in the fix and has a script that checks for malformity.

Thanks in advance.