If you can justify the need for it and the importance thereof, surely your
Linux/Unix Admin can install it
for you or provide you with the necessary sudo access so you can do it
yourself. That probably
depends on various factors, ie if that's a production system, if change
control needs to take place,
if the security policy allows it etc etc...

Otherwise you will need to localise things to your account using local:lib

Good luck