Hello all,
I am beating my head against the wall, any help would be appreciated.

I have a file:
  /  /    /      /   m  /  cvfbcbf/ A123/  / / /// ////
  /  /    /      /   m  /  cvfbcbf/ A234/  / / /// ////
  /  /    /      /   m  /  cvfbcbf/ B123/  / / /// ////

There is spaces in the beginning and the end of each line and each line is very
similar. I'm trying to count how many unique A#'s and B#'s as well as total
A#'s and B#'s.

The problem for me is the line endings I think. When I open the file and read
in one line, I get the whole file. I think the line endings are ^p (MS
paragraph markers), but I can't open the file to view them. The files are huge,
150M or bigger. MS Word chokes on them.

Each line does end with 30 spaces.

Is there a way for me to search the entire 150M single line and get the metrics
I'm looking for, or is it possible to open the file, search for the 30 spaces
and replace with \n?

Thanks again,
Eric