Hi Anant,

One more query:-
> HOW TO REMOVE ANY ELEMENT FROM AN ARRAY.
> I mean if i have allocated till arr[5]. Now I want to remove the value
> arr[4] and arr[5]. So how it can be done so that $#arr would tell 3.

#!/usr/bin/perl -l
use strict;
use warnings;

my @arr=qw( home father son sun mother drinks);
  $#arr=3; # by assigning the the length of array to 3
               # one has reduced the array element
               # you can also increase the length by assigning an upper
number
               # to $, however the element will be empty. <take note>
 print $#arr;  # print 3

@arr=qw( home father son sun mother drinks);
  for(my $i=0;$i<=1;$i++){
   pop @arr;   # you can also use function "pop" to reduce the
                    # element of array, here using a for loop to
                    # iterate twice with pop we removed the last
                    # two array element
  }
  print $#arr; # print 3
__END__

 Read on these functions=> splice,pop,push,shift and unshift. using perldoc
-f "pop"

 Timothy,
 Regards.