At 16:39 -0500 13/09/2011, Chris Stinemetz wrote:

From Learning Perl book:

In some circumstances, $a and $b won't need to be declared, because
they're used internally by sort. So if you're testing this feature,
use other variable names than those two. The fact that use strict
doesn't forbid these two is one of the most frequently reported
non-bugs in Perl.

Hmm. I wonder if Randall would explain why he considers it a non-bug for them to escape the pragma outside the context of sort. I must say I have only discovered it just now because I generally use more descriptive names for variables, but it seems to me very bug-like.

JD