On Oct 18, 2011 3:07 PM, "Remy Guo" <rollingst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> I have a Perl script in Windows but my system administrator doesn't allow
me
> to install ActivePerl nor i guess anything that will change rigistry on
the
> machine.

You do not need to install anything on that host. You can install the msi in
another windows host and copy the c:\perl folder (if you choose to standard
location) to the host where you need to run the script.

After doing that, you can run your Perl scripts from a cmd prompt. Open
cmd.exe and in there type the path to perl.exe (if you have copied it to
c:\perl, it will be c:\perl\bin\perl.exe) and the path to your script.

So if you have your script in d:\scripts\test.pl, you type in cmd.exe:

c:\perl\bin\perl.exe d:\scripts\test.pl

If you want to associate the extension pl with perl.exe, then you need to
follow the instructions in here:

When you install the active state msi, those things are automatically done
for you, that is the only difference.

--

natxo