Hi.

I’m trying to install DBD-mysql-4.020 on OS X 10.6.8 with a fresh install of perl in /usr/local/ (perl 5.14.2) which is in my $PATH.

I have a working MySql in /usr/local/ (MySQL 5.1.59) & the latest Bundle-DBI.

I’ve tried from CPAN & compiling from source, scoured the Internet to find tips, followed the instructions for flags in the source docs but all to no avail (I believe there is a train of thought concerning 32-bit & 64-bit compatibility: perl is compiled 64-bit & MySQL is a 32-bit binary).

Anyway I started over from fresh & got the original error message:

[snip]

#   Failed test 'use DBD::mysql;'
#   at t/00base.t line 21.
#     Tried to use 'DBD::mysql'.
#     Error:  Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in
/users/dobbin/Downloads/DBD-mysql-4.020/blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle
#  at (eval 7) line 2
# Compilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 2.
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 7) line 2.
FAILED--Further testing stopped: Unable to load DBD::mysql
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

Any thoughts, help, tips before I pull the remainder of my hair out would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

    Phil.

--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...