On 11-11-21 11:09 PM, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
what would be the best module to download a file from anhttps://url  ? I am
trying to download some files over secured website and am willing to try the
most correct (no overkill) module for the job.

WWW::Mechanize is designed for stateful web apps. It automatically records the state, such as login state, from one request to another. I used years ago to login and backup a wiki, so I think it's what you want.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

Never give up your dreams.  Give up your goals, plans,
strategy, tactics, and anything that's not working but never
give up your dreams.