timothy adigun wrote:
Hi Mike D,
   Some comments on your codes:
Mike D<ekimduna...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Considering the following code, are all my comments correct?

# this function expects an array to be passed by reference
sub foo
{
    my ($thing1) = @_; # make a lexical variable for the array being passed

Fine, but since you are getting a reference, I don't really think you need
the "()"
around $thing1, which gives a list context, with one element.
Better put:
     my $thing1=shift @_;

TIMTOWTDI

     my $thing1 = $_[ 0 ];

    for (@$thing1) # to access the whole array after referencing

for clarity use: for (@{$thing1}){...}

TIMTOWTDI

    {
        print $_."\n";
    }
    print $thing1->[0]."\n"; # access single element in referenced array
}

my @array = (1,2,3,4);

  my $array=[qw(1 2 3 4)];

TIMTOWTDI

foo(\@array); # pass @array by reference to sub foo

  foo ($array);

John
direction.                   -- Albert Einstein