vishnu.kuma...@wipro.com wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

I am trying to convert the string abc.def.ghi.amm to abcdefghiamm
using split and concatenation. I am missing something somewhere.
. please help me to fix the code

my $string = "abc.def.ghi.amm";

my @d = split(/\./,"$string");
my $e = @d;
for (my $i=0; $i<  $e; $i++) {
     print("Value of array element $i is $d[$i]\n"); }

#concatenation
for (my $i=0; $i<  $e; $i++) {
       my $abc .= "$d[$i]";

my() creates the $abc variable inside the loop so it is only visible inside the loop.

}

print("Value after concatenation is $abc\n");

Output I am getting is Value after concatenation is "amm"

That is not possible because the variable $abc is not visible at file scope.

John
direction.                   -- Albert Einstein