--- On Fri, 12/23/11, Phil Dobbin <phildob...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Phil Dobbin <phildob...@gmail.com>
Subject: FW: can only install cpan modules as sudo
To: "perl" <beginners@perl.org>
Cc: "fudmer rieley" <southofmex...@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, December 23, 2011, 7:13 PM

Maybe a better project would be to work toward the development of a standard
xsl style sheet able to parse source code or binary of each software
language into a tree such that xslt could parse the intermediate tree and
transform its structure into a multitude of other language source codes or
binaries. I do not know if it would be easier to work at the binary level
than the source code level. But I believe much of the technology to
transform source code and binaries from one language set to another language
set already exist.

xsl, xslt tools I believe have a perfect fit in perl.

 XSL [code lang1], [ XSLT :: XSLT ], XSL [code lang2[

 Parse the code, build the tree"::parse the tree, output the new code.

Merely writing xsl parsing and tree layouts for each language [source or
complied binary] and conforming the xsl style sheet to the xslt transform
standards, the machine genetics and super protected kernels that talk to
them, might resolve to trivial. Moreover there are lots of persons with
transforming experience around who might help.

Is it not possible to develop the transforms between languages in xslt style
sheet fashion? Would such a transform impose on the copyright or patent
rights of one or more languages or language parts?