Hello everyone.

Here is my question: What is the preferred way to test a system for
installed modules?  For example, I have a Perl program I would like to
distribute.  It depends on a number of modules from CPAN and I would
like an easy way to test for the existence of those modules.  I
suppose the user could always run the program and then install them
whenever he gets an error about the packages not being found, but it
feels like there should be a friendlier way to address that.

Is there a common way in Perl to say, “This program depends on these
packages and requires them to be installed before running?”  And if
so, is there a common, automated way to prompt the user to install any
of those missing packages?

Thanks in advanced and happy holidays everyone!

--
ejmr
南無妙法蓮華經