On 03/25/2012 09:11 AM, Peter Scott wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:06:35 -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
  no one uses braces for single scalar handles in general.

I do.  Ever since Damian recommended it (Perl Best Practices, page 217).
One of those numerous times I didn't agree with him until I tried it,
then found he was right.

maybe my view is i almost never print to indirect file handles at all. i use write_file from my module File::Slurp when i need to print to a file. my rule on this is print rarely (since print is slow), print late (so you can decide what to do with the text later). i will almost always build up my text in a string and print it all at one time later. or i will use the OO style of $fh->print. i just don't like the indirect object style for OO (as is mentioned in perlobj) so why use it for print (regardless of the {} feature).

uri