On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:51:45PM +0000, P lerenard wrote:
> I try to get one line from a file on another server.
> I tried with Net::FTP
> $ftp = Net::FTP->new("server");
> $ftp->login($user,$pass);
> $ftp->cwd("dir");
> @zone = $ftp->cmd("egrp -n 'zone \"try.com' file");
> $ftp->quit;
> print @zone;
>
> I don't know if ->cmd support this command, it doesn't work with me.
> is there another way to do that, I don't want to get the file.

First, where are you getting this cmd() method?  As far as I can tell
neither Net::FTP or Net::Cmd has a method by this name.

Second, neither egrep or egrp are commands defined in the FTP spec; if this
command is possible it's only because the server supports the command in
some way.  If it does, then you need to consult the documentation or
administrator for this server.

I'm suspecting you think anything that you can do at the command-line when
logged into the machine you can do via FTP.  This is not the case unless the
FTP server specifically supports it.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net