At 10:45 PM 10/20/01 -0400, David Kirol wrote:
>Hi All,
>        I need a way to extract the text portion from a .gif image of the
>type attached. Any ideas?

Ooo, you're gonna have a ton of fun trying to pull that off :)

You're probably going to have to write your own OCR routines and tie them
into the GD or ImageMagick modules. As to how to write said OCR routines,
I'm the entirely wrong dude to ask :)  There's an opensource OCR project
called GOCR that you might want to check out, at
http://altmark.nat.uni-magdeburg.de/~jschulen/ocr/index.html

However, if all you want to do is "crop" the text out the image, it's
extremely easy using GD.pm

Aloha,
mel

--
mel matsuoka                              (vox)1.808.531.5474
Head Geek                                 (fax)1.808.526.4040