Hi,

In my program, I am using the module Getopt::Long

My intension is that if the user chooses "--help", the program should show
the help message without bothering whether other options has been used or
not.

My program (say, test.pl) :

use Getopt::Long
my $abc;
my $help;

Getoptions ( "abc=s" => \$abc,
                   "help" => \$help
                 );

if ($help) { print "This is help message\n" ; exit ;}

if ($abc) { print "You have choosen \"abc\" as $abc" };

If I run this:

1.    test.pl -help
Output: This is help message

2. test.pl -abc ABC
Output : You have choosen abc as ABC

3. test.pl -abc -help
Output: You have choosen abc as -help

Out the above results 1 & 2 are fine, but 3 is not as I want. I understand
what's happening here [$abc is assigned as "-help"], but don't have idea
how to implement it properly so that in the 3rd it would print like " This
is help message" .

Can anybody help please ?

Thanks n regards
Rajesh Saha