On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 08:42:43 -0400 , Mark Haney wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 07:30 PM, Chris Nehren wrote:
>
> >Don't, unless you're writing Apache modules in Perl. There are much
> >better choices for doing web dev in Perl, like Catalyst, Dancer,
> >Web::Simple, etc., which all use Plack/PSGI. These can all be deployed
> >on any web server.
> >

> Well, from all I've read and been told is that mod_perl is a better
> fit than using CGI.pm like I've been doing.

Erg. CGI.pm is a terrible idea--runtime string eval and all that
silliness. Please investigate one of the lighter Plack/PSGI frameworks
like Dancer and Web::Simple. Really, mod_perl is the wrong tool for the
job here. It's for writing Apache modules with Perl. This means things
like altering request flow, authentication, and the like--not Web apps.

--
Chris Nehren           | Coder, Sysadmin, Masochist
Shadowcat Systems Ltd. | http://shadowcat.co.uk/