From: Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:23:58 +0800
> Thomas Dean <tomdean...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm wondering how to get the file handle or a reference of a file
> > object of a scalar in which stores a string.
> >

> Starting from relatively recent versions of Perl, you can simply do:
>
> use autodie;
>
> my $buffer = "Hello World\nGood morning\nPretty foo\n";
> open my $fh_to_string, '<', \$buffer;
>
> And then do <$fh_to_string> and other operations.

Just to prevent confusion ... the "use autodie" is not needed to be
able to open a "filehandle into a string". It should not have been in
the example, because it's totally irrelevant to the point at hand.
It forces some Perl builtins to throw an exception instead of
reporting success or failure using their return values.

Some people believe this makes the code more robust. But then people
believe all kinds of things.

Jenda
===== je...@krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery