Hi Irfan,

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 04:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
Irfan Sayed <irfan_sayed2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i need to parse the xml file and store the data in array :
>
> here is the code:
> use XML::Simple;
>
> my $ItemGroup = XMLin('C:\Users\bvcontrolbuild\Desktop\data.xml');
>
> foreach my $BuildProject (@{$ItemGroup->{BuildProject}}) {
>     print $BuildProject->{Include} . "\n";
> }

Please don't use XML::Simple to parse XML. See:

* http://perl-begin.org/uses/xml/

<rindolf> xml
<perlbot> Don't parse XML with regex! Use a real parser. Avoid XML::Simple (see
the xml::simple factoid). Choices are ::Easy, ::Smart, ::TreeBuilder, ::Twig
for simple stuff. LibXML is a good general purpose starting point. See also
XML::All. http://perl-xml.sf.net/faq/
<rindolf> xml::simple
<perlbot> XML::Simple commits the fatal flaw of trying to massage
complicated and often irregular XML into the simple and highly regular
world of perl data structures. Irregularities cause "not a hashref"
sort of errors in your program. Use a real parser. see: xml

In a post to the perl-xml mailing list, XML::Simple's originator and maintainer
noted he
can no longer recommend XML::Simple either. So please use a different and more
robust alternative.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish