Hello,

I have a Perl script running on a Windows 2008 server which uses Win32::OLE to
dump the results on Excel files. It is working fine when I remote login to the
server and run the script.

Now I want to write a Perl script on my local machine using Net::Telnet to
remote run the script on the server. The script on the server can be called and
run successfully until it attempts to open an Excel file. The error is shown as
the following.

===========================
OLE exception from "Microsoft Excel":

Microsoft Excel cannot access the file
'F:\Apps\Delta_rpt\xxxx_template.xlsx'. There are several possible
reasons:

• The file name or path does not exist.
• The file is being used by another program.
• The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
workbook.

Win32::OLE(0.1709) error 0x800a03ec
    in METHOD/PROPERTYGET "Open" at F:\Apps\Delta_rpt\pm_delta.pl line 320

There is no such error if I use remote desktop to the server and run the
script. I am wondering if Win32::OLE does not support the remote call?

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jason