On Nov 1, 2012, at 6:00 PM, Thanos Zygouris wrote:

> @Brandon: I'll stick with the m//, mostly because it reminds me that i can use
> any delimiter instead of the slashes. I hope to get more experience tho, and
> get rid of it. Also, i couldn't find any reference that \d in regex is
> different from [0-9] (or [:digit:]), but i'm interested for more information
> about it.

You don't have to worry about the difference between \d and [0-9] unless you
are dealing with non-Ascii characters. For Ascii, they are the same. For
non-Ascii (e.g., UTF), \d will match additional numeric characters. Whether or
not that is desirable depends upon your needs and expectations. As I never deal
with non-Ascii characters, I can't make any recommendations on using or not
using \d in those situations.