I agree with David ... good list.

Tony

________________________________
 From: David Christensen <dpchr...@holgerdanske.com>
To: beginners@perl.org
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2012, 20:36
Subject: Re: Need a Perl Book for Beginner

On 12/04/12 14:56, Asad wrote:
>            Would you guidance to start  develop logic for perl programming .
> Also I am looking for a book to start with .
>              Which explains the basic of perl programming with examples also
> how to develop logic for programing.

IMHO the canonical trilogy for aspiring Perl programmers is:

1. Learning Perl -- this book gets you up the initial learning curve. Read it
cover to cover, enter and play with the example code, and do the exercises:

  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920018452.do

2.  Perl Cookbook -- this is a source book of example Perl code,
organized by topic/ task.  The code is idiomatic, and the explanations
are excellent.  This book will give you the understanding and confidence
you need to start writing useful Perl scripts:

    http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596003135.do

3.  Programming Perl -- this is the language reference manual.  Use it
to look things up when you need the hard-core explanation:

    http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596004927.do

HTH,

David