From: Kristin Nielsen [mailto:kris...@justkristin.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:50 PM
To: Lou Pereira
Cc: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: Hi

Lou -

Klamerus' frustration is not completely unwarranted. I answered that
question in my reply to the list - did you read it? If not, there are three
steps to take - fewer if you are successful.

1. Start an email from the account with which you subscribed to the list.
You MUST send your unsubscribe request from the email address by which list
mail is being rec'd.
2. Send a simple blank email from the account mentioned in step #1 to
beginners-unsubscr...@perl.org 3. If you are not unsubscribed, please add in
your requests for further help (as simply saying "it doesn't work" does not
help people troubleshoot, as we all know too well):
        a. the email - including headers - that you sent to
beginners-unsubscr...@perl.org
        b. any replies you may have rec'd from the list server, especially
if they contain denials or errors.

There you go.

I am, &c.,

Kristin

P. S. I take quite to heart the belittling attitude found on so many tech
lists. Bad attitude doesn't work from either direction, and yes, delivery
matters. This is supposed to be a cooperative educational community, is it
not? Sure, we should all RTFM, but some of us who have been forced to
learn-or-get-laid-off simply lack the formal training to know which term to
use in our search, or even to know which PERLDOC to read, have been shamed
into silence by cruel responses.  I am far beyond that now, but I remember
it well. Furthermore, this list contains quite a few for whom English is not
a first language. I am grateful to everyone here for being on the list and
helping those who come to it for assistance. We all get frustrated with
simplistic or repetitive questions, and people who don't even try should be
told to try first, but very little besides a bully's ego is helped by mean
replies. No?

Thanks again, all of you, really.