On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 10:05:56AM -0500, Brandon McCaig wrote:
> Apparently Windows supports 32-bit integers... The Web suggests
> that if you want to get full 32-bit integers on Windows then you
> should use the Win32::Process module instead of open. It's not
> portable, but at least it will do what you need.

I suppose I should include a link[1][2] to the SO thread I
referenced since this advice is coming from there. Especially
because it offers an alternative option (using Win32::API to make
a system call with the PID). At a glance I'm not sure how to
access the standard streams with Win32::Process so perhaps using
the GetExitCodeProcess system call as mentioned in the SO thread
would be a convenient alternative to do everything you want. I
cannot say. :)

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6786812/is-it-possible-to-process-exit-codes-255-with-perl

[2] The thread is titled "Is it possible to process exit codes >
255 with perl", just in case I typed the URL wrong. :)

Regards,

--
Brandon McCaig <bamcc...@gmail.com> <bamcc...@castopulence.org>
Castopulence Software <https://www.castopulence.org/>