On 2013.03.18.22.46, Ronald Weidner wrote:
> I need to execute a Perl program that is about 1000 lines of code
> long.  The Perl program is dynamically generated by another program. I
> would like to execute the Perl program without first creating the Perl
> source code file.  In other words,' a solution that behaves like the
> source code for the Perl script was piped in instead of being opened
> from a file. This is a Linux system and the solution doesn't need to
> be portable to Windows.

It sounds like what you're doing is working, so more power to you. But
just in the way of slightly unsolicited advice, I've found over the
years that parameterizing code is better than generating code. I imagine
that an alternative approach to what you're doing might be writing a
single unchanging perl program that takes as a parameter an input file
or standard input stream of data to work on. Just something for you to
contemplate :)

--Brock