On Jul 24, 2013, at 5:44 PM, mimic...@gmail.com wrote:

> I was trying to use Date::Simple to convert date from DD-MM-YYYY to ISO
> standard YYYY-MM-DD,  but it produced error below because it returned undef
> when the date passed is not ISO standard.

You don't need a module to recognize a date in the form DD-MM-YYYY and change
it into the form YYYY-MM-DD (untested):

if( $date =~ /^(\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d\d\d)$/ ) {
  $date = "$3-$2-$1";
}else{
    # try other conversions
}

The module Date::Parse does conversions of string dates into numerical ones
(but not the one you need). You probably need to tell people what date formats
are acceptable, and reject any that will not convert into an ISO form. Try as
many conversions as you can in some reasonable order and stop if you get one
that works.

> Most of the date modules on CPAN cannot do the job for me. I spent time
> reading documentations but as it now stands, I have to do  this myself.

The DateTime module has a lot of date/time manipulation functions, but not
string conversions.