Harry Putnam wrote:

I happen to be scripting something that needs to have two logs written
to and was sort of taken by how awkward this construction looked:

(Simplified for discussion, from a longer script)

   my $rsync = 'rsync';
   my $tmplog = 'one.log';
   my $tmplog2 = 'two.log';
   open(LOG,">>$tmplog")or die "Can't open $tmplog : $!";
   open(LOG2,">>$tmplog2")or die "Can't open $tmplog2: $!";
   print LOG  "kdkdkdkd Output from:\n$rsync cmdflgs";
   print LOG2 "kdkdkdkd Output from:\n$rsync cmdflgs"
   close(LOG);
   close(LOG2);

Is there some smooth way to write to more than one log?

my %logs = (
    'one.log' => undef,
    'two.log' => undef,
    );

for my $name ( keys %logs ) {
    open my $FH, '>>', $name or die "Cannot open '$name' because: $!";
    $logs{ $name } = $FH;
    }

for my $log_FH ( values %logs ) {
    print $log_FH "kdkdkdkd Output from:\n$rsync cmdflgs";
    }

John
direction.                   -- Albert Einstein