On 02/11/2014 01:07 AM, shawn wilson wrote:

I kinda got that's what it was for, I just never thought it was a bad
idea.... I also don't have any real use for the functionality in what
I'm working on. I guess the thought was that, why take something away
that someone might want to use that doesn't have any negative
ramifications - which I still don't see why this is bad?

why not add more code that doesn't do anything useful? code is not telling the computer what to do. code is for telling the reader of the code what your logical decisions are. if you have code, it should have a meaning as to why you put it there. vestigial code like that idiom says something that you don't even mean (i want to support object and class method calls to new(). since you don't want to support that, why have the code there? when i see that idiom, it is a red flag and i always ask about it.

uri

--
Uri Guttman - The Perl Hunter
The Best Perl Jobs, The Best Perl Hackers