The following program works great inside of IIS when called from
internet explorer (IE).

It also works great if I remove the comment characters ("#") in column 1
and run it at the cygwin bash command prompt. It displays the expected
HTML.

However, if I only remove the first comment character in column one and
run it in IIS, internet explorer times out and complains about a bad
header being returned.

Can someone help me so I can incorporate DBI and microsoft access in my
web page?
Thanks
Siegfried

use DBI;
use strict;
use warnings;
use POSIX;
use CGI qw(:standard);
use CGI::Cookie;
#my $dbh  = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:driver=microsoft access driver
(*.mdb, *.accdb);dbq=c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\Nwind.accdb");
# $dbh->{LongReadLen} = 66000;
# $dbh->{LongTruncOk} = 0;
# my $stmt="SELECT * FROM Customers";
# my $sth = $dbh->prepare($stmt);
# $sth->execute || die "Could not execute SQL statement $stmt ... maybe
invalid?";
my $q =new CGI;
my $ct = strftime "%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y\n", localtime;
$q = new CGI;                        # create new CGI object
print $q->header,                    # create the HTTP header
      $q->start_html('hello world'), # start the HTML
      $q->h1("hello world $ct");         # level 1 header

print $q->end_html;                  # end the HTML