On Jul 10, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Nathan Hilterbrand wrote:

> $entries{$state} = [ (split /,/ => $zipcodes) ];

        Thanks, Nathan.  The line above caught my eye.  It's interesting to see
that you don't need both 'push' and 'split' to populate the hash.

        Could you explain a little about what the square brackets are for here?
 Does that have something to do with array ref's?  Sorry... hashes are a weak
spot of mine.

        I also noticed that you wrote the split as
> (split /,/ => $zipcodes)

instead of
> split (/,/ => $zipcodes)

Is that just a stylistic difference or is there something more to it?  Both
work for me.

Frank

http://www.surfshopcart.com/
Setting up shop has never been easier!