On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:25:34 -0500
Mike Flannigan <mikef...@att.net> wrote:
> I pay about $8 per month for a shared server hosting
> at Hostgator.  I recently asked Hostgator to install
> Mojolicious on my account because I wanted to migrate
> away from CGI.
>
> Hostgator tells me they can't install Mojolicious "on a
> shared server [...]

Yeah, typically hosts won't install custom modules on shared servers,
and won't support long-running processes, as the box is shared with
lots of other customers.

> It appears dedicated servers are $200 per month, or slightly more.
> http://www.hostgator.com/dedicated
> I'm not likely to do that.

As Hao Wu says, a VPS will give you full control and ability to install
and run whatever you want for a LOT less than that - in fact, some
budget providers will be able to give you a VPS for about what you're
currently paying.