Hi!

When writing a Makefile.PL for a module (no, I don't want to read about
other ways to do it now), does it make sense to add ExtUtils::MakeMaker
(EUMM) to the PREREQ_PM module prerequisites list?

I'm asking because I saw some Makefile.PL where the installed version of
EUMM was checked and depending on the version, some additional information
was added. For example, when using META_MERGE, a user has to have EUMM
installed in version 6.46 at minimum.

So my idea was to specify EUMM v6.46 as minimum in PREREQ_PM. This way, I
would not have to do all this 'if the EUMM version is greater than X then
add Y to Makefile.PL' stuff.

So, would it work? Does it make sense?

Thanks in advance for the answers and best regards,
Alex