what you looking for is not a rest server, but rest client.

For JIRA,

https://metacpan.org/pod/JIRA::REST

I did not check the source, but it is should be a wrapper around some http
client.

you can follow Shlomi Fish's link to learn more about web automation as a
start and then check the JIRA::REST source.