On Sep 7, 2015, at 10:15 AM, Andrew Solomon wrote:

> If I were you I'd do something like
>
> print STDERR "UPTO 1\n";
>
> in various places to see what's actually being executed.

        Thanks for the reply.  I had done that with Data::Dumper and I couldn't
see where the problem was coming from.  So I manipulated $search->{$field}
instead of the global and it works perfectly.  I swear I had tried that before
and it didn't work, but it does now.  Even though I'm still curious as to what
the problem was, it's working the way it's supposed to.  What's nice is that if
you just enter alphanumeric data, it's prepended with an equals sign to narrow
the results, but it you add a wildcard in the search, it doesn't, so you can
fine-tune the search to your liking.  The best of both worlds.

        And just to let everyone know, SurfShop was recently added to the
Softaculous collection.  I'm pretty excited about this as it opens the door to
expose a lot more people to a Perl shopping cart.

http://www.softaculous.com/apps/perl/ecommerce/SurfShopCART

Frank

SurfShopCART 2
http://www.surfshopcart.com/u/demo