Hi,

how can I extract images and information from another cell in the same
row from a spreadsheet?  The spreadsheet is in xls and can be converted
to ods (or other formats Libreoffice supports).

The sheet has over 1000 rows that look like this:

| [image] | irrelevant cell | irrelevant cell | extract cell | more irrelevant
cells ...

So far, I only managed to export all images and to read the contents of
the 'extract cell'.  The problem is that I must match an image with the
contents of the 'extract cell':  I need to be sure that the image is
from the same row the content of 'extract cell' is.

Just exporting all images and exporting the content of the 'extract
cell' doesn't help because then then image and the content of the
'extract cell' do not match.  That means I get over 1000 images and over
1000 cell contents and have no way to tell which image belongs to which
cell content.

As far as I understood, the image is anchored to something, probably
either the cell or a paragraph in the cell (though the cell with the
image is otherwise empty).  I also know that when you sort a range of
rows in Libreoffice or Excel, the images remain where there are and the
rows are sorted, which gives you a wrong result because the images would
have to be sorted as well.

However, there must be some information as to which image is at which
row because otherwise you would never be sure that when you open the
spreadsheet, the images are where they are supposed to be.

So how can I extract the images and the content of the corresponding
'extract cell' from the spreadsheet and know which image goes with which
content?