On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:23:39 -0700
SSC_perl <p...@surfshopcart.com> wrote:

>       Is anyone here successfully using Email::Mailer?  I installed
> it using cpanm a couple of days ago on my Mac and I can’t get it to
> work.  It just prints the following output and nothing more:
>
> postdrop: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file
> maildrop/352468.4276: No such file or directory
>
>       It appears to be trying to send it directly from my laptop,
> but I have the SMTP transport variable set up correctly (which works
> just fine using Email::Stuffer, BTW).  I really like what I’ve read
> about this new module - I just need to get past this hurdle.

I think you found a bug in Email::Mailer.

Looking at its code, it sends the mail by calling
Email::Sender::Simple, as :

    # send the email with Email::Sender::Simple
    sendmail( $email_mime, $mail->{transport} );

but looking at Email::Sender::Simple->send_email(), :

    sub send_email {
        my ($class, $email, $arg) = @_;

        my $transport = $class->default_transport;

        if ($arg->{transport}) {

So, Email::Sender::Simple->send_email() is expecting the second
parameter passed to it to be a hashref containing a 'transport' key,
but it's getting passed an Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP object
instead, and ignoring it.

I've taken the liberty of raising this on Github for you, since I'd
already done the digging and found the code in question, so it was just
as easy to more or less copy & paste this reply into a ticket:
https://github.com/gryphonshafer/Email-Mailer/issues/1

Cheers

Dave P  (BIGPRESH)