> On May 24, 2017, at 7:17 PM, Chas. Owens <chas.ow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Take a look at Devel::NYTProf...

        Thanks, Chas.  I had made a mental note a while back to look into
Devel::NYTProf, but it had slipped my mind, so your response was perfectly
timed.

        Just within the first hour of using it, I found a few subs that were
being called when they shouldn’t have been, so I blocked that from happening.
Doing that alone has shaved off 132 ms, 6,333 statements, 956 subroutine calls,
and 11 string evals - and I’m just getting started!

        However, my little “profiler” that I wrote is coming in handy, as well.
 It’s very simple - it only lists the subs in the order that they are called,
the time they take, and a few key variables to see how/why they are being
called.  This shows me the sequence of events depending on which links were
clicked, which is giving me a deeper insight into how the shopping cart
actually works.  I'm sure NYTProf does that as well, but I'm still learning it.

        This is going to make the script that much more efficient.

Thanks again,
Frank