I recently installed the latest version of
Strawberry Perl.  My scripts were developed
in ActiveState Perl.

I have a line:
unless ($text =~ /[a-zA-Z]{,10}/s) {

When I run the script that line is in I get:

Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated here
(and will be fatal in Perl 5.30), passed through in
regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/[a-zA-Z]{ <-- HERE ,10}/
at htmlpost.pl line 316.

I see this:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1104517

I also see that escaping it with my ActiveState Perl
messes up it's function entirely, but still allows it
to run with no errors so I say this is a huge
problem.  Seems like the migration to Perl 5.30 is going to
be interesting to say the least.

Anybody have any other comments about this?

Mike Flannigan