That prefix appears to for the modular crypt format (see below) and lets
the shadow file use different hashing functions for different passwords.
It is not part of the Bcrypt spec, but you should be able to just add it
on.  Does the password hash correctly otherwise?

https://passlib.readthedocs.io/en/stable/modular_crypt_format.html