Thanks.  On Windows I did 'cpan install B::C'
and it went on and on with many test fails.
After about 3 minutes it threw a 'Perl interpreter
has stopped working' error (details below) and when
I closed that box it continued with the test fails
for another 3+ minutes and then stopped (it was probably
still running - I did a Ctrl C on it).  One little
item I picked out is
ExtUtils::Install  generates non-zero binary'

So then I did 'cpan install -n B::C' and that also
ran about 5 minutes with test fails and threw a
'Perl interpreter has stopped working' error.  When
I closed that box it continued with the test fails
for another 5+ minutes (I took a shower in here) and
then slowed down on statements like

#   Failed test '6: use Pod::Perldoc -O3 gives expected 'ok' outpu
#   at t/modules.t line 227.
#                   ''
#     doesn't match '(?^ms:ok$)'

The install still running, but I think it is safe to say
it does not install real good on Strawberry Perl.

Mike

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    perl.exe
  Application Version:    5.26.1.1
  Application Timestamp:    59c72b89
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.24335
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5c268115
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000002a407
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    62e2
  Additional Information 2:    62e210e3d23b68abf45108a88f3afb70
  Additional Information 3:    2f51
  Additional Information 4:    2f51a0ca5e5e9ac099301d839e2f4ce3